Sunday, April 3, 2011

World Cup win best moment of my career: Sachin

 After winning the World Cup, the only missing glory in his illustrious career of 21 years till yesterday, master batsman Sachin Tendulkar said it was the best moment of his career.

"I am speechless, to be honest, to express myself and how I feel. This is by far the best moment. This is the moment I have been waiting for, for such a long time, 21 or 22 years. It is really worth every bit of it. It is really, really special," said Tendulkar.

"As an Indian we have all won this cup. It's not just us 15 (in the squad) but the entire nation. The cup belongs to the entire nation so I am sure they are feeling part of it."

The 37-year-old has spent more than two decades playing at the highest level and he had previously played in five ICC Cricket World Cups, all ultimately ending in disappointment. He says he never gave up hope.

"I felt it was extremely important to chase my dreams and my biggest dream was this. So I continued to chase my dream and here we go. The team has managed to win this cup for the nation," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment